Oxford Performing Arts Center

Oxford Performing Arts Center

The Oxford Performing Arts Center, known as “The Grand Old Lady” of historic downtown Oxford, Alabama is located at 100 Choccolocco Street. The building itself has functioned to house Oxford College, Calhoun County High School, Oxford Elementary School, the Oxford City Hall, and the Oxford Police Department. The Oxford Arts Council, formed in 1981 as an arm of the Oxford Parks and Recreation Department, procured the building in order to provide the citizens of Oxford with a top notch recreational facility. Following the acquisition of the building, a bid was awarded to Hale Construction Company, Inc. in May of 2011 to construct an addition to the original structure that would contain a cutting edge theater with approximately 1200 seats. Original portions of the building were preserved as the lobby and meeting rooms in order to preserve the antiquity of the building. On May 17, 2013 the inaugural performance at the Oxford Performing Arts center was made by the Alabama Symphony Orchestra. Since that date, the venue has provided the community with many performances by touring national recording artists and performance troupes. The list of artists and performers who have graced the venue with their presence is a virtual who’s who of top entertainment industry professionals. Since its inception the Oxford Performing Arts Center has provided the citizens of Calhoun County and surrounding areas with quality musical and theatrical entertainment. Information regarding scheduled performances can be accessed on their website.